Any individual or business who is considering using affiliate program needs to be practical about the potential of each program. The first concern is to determine whether enough people are likely to see affiliate ads on a website or in any social media. Signing up for the website having less traffic is not going to pay you more. In this case it is best to join affiliate programs that offer very high commissions.
Below I have mentioned some points that you should take into consideration before joining an affiliate program.
- How long has this Affiliate Program been in place?
- What form of payment is offered? In other words, are you getting actual cash , are you getting credit for your product, are you getting free AirMiles — what are you actually getting?
- Make sure the affiliate program you are joining has a good quality site. You do not want to transfer visitors to a site that you do not like yourself.
- Make sure they give a large variety of text links, banners and graphics to put on your web page. Even though I prefer text links, convinced types of banners and graphics still work well.
- An affiliate program that offers a unique monthly newsletter just for the affiliates is grand. Here you can get extra guidelines and techniques that are working well.
- See if they offer email notification when you make a sale or get an affiliate signed up under you. It is good to see you have made another sale’ in your inbox.
- Judge how ads from affiliate programs will look visually when positioned on a website. It’s very significant to consider this feature of affiliate programs. Sometimes text ads will be more helpful than image ads and it’s compulsory to consider what type of ads are appropriate in which part of a web page. Sometimes the delicate approach will work best, but really unusual images can also have a great effect.
- Under what circumstances can the Program remove you as an associate?
- Before joining an affiliate program, always check site review on Google. Check what people say about affiliate site that you are going to unite. This will help you to continue away from fraud and trick affiliate sites. You can check their positive and negative review/analysis. With this you are able to pick legit affiliate for your website.
If you take the time to gather all this information before you jump into an affiliate program, you’ll find that GOOD Affiliate Programs are actually hard to find. Lucky for you! You don’t have to go unexpected every time a “new” affiliate comes online!
Probably, once you look more sincerely into the company, you’ll discover that they can’t pass your “test” and are not a company you want to be “affiliated” with in any case.